Professional development requirements vary by type of license and, during the PDU Phase-In, also vary by expiration date. Click here for information about professional development requirements from TSPC. Generally, if the license expires in 2015 or later:
Full (Non-Substitute) license
- Must complete 75 PDUs for a 3 year license, or 125 PDUs for a 5 year license (based on the license currently held).
Substitute or Restricted Substitute license
- Substitutes are no longer required to submit verification of PDUs earned to renew.
PDUs must be completed during the life of the license being renewed. Activities must fall within one of the seven standards (or domains, as specified in OAR 584-090-0110) to earn credit.
Supporting documentation needs to show your name, the name of the activity, the date of the activity, the number of PDUs or time to complete (minutes/hours). You can also submit a Verification of Attendance at Event to Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs)
You must submit your PDU documentation to an Oregon Educator Professional Development Certification service partnering Education Service District. To do this you will need to complete the following steps:
- Enter basic demographic information to find your license.
- Pay the $25 processing fee (payment gateway is Paypal).
- You will receive an e-mail with further instructions on where to send your proof of PDUs completed. It will include information of what type of proof is acceptable. Materials may be sent via mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Verifying PDUs is a separate process from the eLicensing application process. You will still need to apply and pay fees through eLicensing.
Any questions or concern about submission of PDUs or the website itself can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org