Welcome to the Oregon Educator Professional Development Certification
Professional development requirements vary by type of license and, during the PDU Phase-In, also vary by expiration date. Click here for information about professional development requirements from TSPC. Generally, if your license expires in 2015 or later:
Full (non-substitute) license
- must complete 75 PDUs if you have a 3 year license, or 125 PDUs if you have a 5 year license (this is based on the license you currently have)
Substitute or Restricted Substitute license
- In 2013, the Commission added a requirement that all substitute teachers would be required to earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) to renew a substitute license. In the Spring of 2015, school districts and educational service districts brought information to the Commission pointing to a severe substitute teacher shortage in most areas of Oregon. In response to the potential crisis, the Commission decided to rescind the PDU requirement for substitutes, with the provision to revisit the issue in Spring of 2017. Effective July 1, 2015, substitutes are no longer required to submit verification of PDUs earned to renew.
PDUs must be completed during the life of the license you are renewing. Activities must fall within one of the seven "standards" ("domains" on the Activity Log) specified in OAR 584-090-0110 in order to earn credit. Click here for descriptions of the seven standards.
You must submit your PDU documentation to an Oregon Educator Professional Development Certification service partnering Education Service District. To do this you will need to complete the following steps:
- Enter some basic demographic information so your license can be found.
- Pay the $25 processing fee through the Paypal process.
- You will receive an e-mail with further instructions on where to send your proof of PDUs completed. This e-mail will include basic information of what type of proof is acceptable. Materials may be sent via mail, e-mail, or fax.
For frequently asked questions please see the FAQs.