Welcome to the Oregon Educator Professional Development Certification
Professional development requirements vary by type of license and, during the PDU Phase-In, also vary by expiration date. Click here for about professional development requirements from TSPC. This webpage also lists "Helpful links to find PDUs" (scroll to the bottom). Generally, if your license expires in 2013:
- Full (non-substitute) licensure: must complete 25 PDUs
- Substitute Teaching or Restricted Substitute Teaching Licenses: must complete 10 PDUs
PDUs must be completed during the life of the license you are renewing. Activities must fall within one of the seven "standards" ("domains" on the Activity Log) specified in OAR 584-090-0110 in order to earn credit. Click here for descriptions of the seven standards.
You must submit your PDU documentation to an Oregon Educator Professional Development Certification service partnering Education Service District. To do this you will need to complete the following steps:
- Enter some basic demographic information so your license can be found.
- Pay the $25 processing fee through the Paypal process.
- You will receive an e-mail with further instructions on where to send your proof of PDUs completed. This e-mail will include basic information of what type of proof is acceptable. Materials may be sent via mail, e-mail, or fax.
For frequently asked questions please see the FAQs.